Solved

No tree structure in Universal GUI

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

What could be the reason for a treeview not displaying correctly in Universal GUI while the tree structure is displayed correctly in the Windows GUI?

Windows GUI

Universal GUI

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 23 June 2023, 09:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Harm,

This may have to do with the page size or casing issues, but I don’t find it likely.

Can you please share more about the scenario, for instance the tree configuration from the Software Factory under Subjects > Components > Tree?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Anne,

I hope this gives you enough information

Tree setup

Colum definitions

Relation

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Harm,

Thanks for the detailed info. It looks like there is an issue where the tree may not initialize properly when there are multiple columns with a parent column.

Please create a ticket so we can keep you updated on progress.

You can work around this by creating two expression columns:

concatenated_id: concat(t1.dxm_id, '/', t1.edi_line_num, '/', t1.edi_segment_num)

parent_concatenated_id: concat(t1.dxm_id, '/', t1.edi_parent_line_num, '/', t1.edi_parent_segment_num)

Subsequently, set concatenated_id as the sole parent_column for parent_concatenated_id in the tree configuration.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Anne,

Thank you, I thought so. I will try this workaround and create a ticket in TCP.

By the way,

Sorry to say this, but this way of working in both the community portal en TCP is very annoying.

I would expect you to create in a ticket in cases like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Regarding the ticket creation - I agree. Currently, I’m not able to do this - probably due to data protection-related settings. I’ve put in a ticket internally to be able to create tickets on behalf of community users.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Anne,

Thanks, and I also had made a ticket for this already (#7115S).