Skip to main content

Hello, we have a specific table in which we store our contracts. There are multiple type of contracts, and some contracts can link to eachother. So, for example, a lease contract can be linked to a maintenance contract. We want to do this with a lookup. How can we accomplish this?

For further context, we have a column contract_type. What I wanted to do is built a lookup reference with columns company_id and contract_id, and set the contract_type to the value it needs to be for maintenance. However, this is not possible. Is there a similar approach I can take that is possible?

Hi Niels,

You can create a Prefilter for each type of contract with a filter on the corresponding type, then make Table variants for each type of contract and set the corresponding prefilter On hidden or On locked for that variant. Then in your references, ensure the table variant is selected for that look-up reference. By doing this, the lookup will only show the correct contracts; e.g. maintenance contacts.

More info here: Columns | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com). The Look-up table variant should be filled with the correct Table variant.

Hope this helps!

Hi Mark, thank you for your reply. For some reason I cannot choose a reference when I go to set the lookup for the column. Do you know why this happens?

Never mind. Fixed.