Solved

Metadata not showing all columns

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I was under the impression that metadata would show all visible columns that are applied to the role. What am I missing here? Why are the invisible columns supplier_id and supplier_lookup shown but not all the visibile columns? 

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 20 October 2022, 15:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Erwin,

First of all, this is not a metadata request, this is a data request, you’re retrieving the data of the supplier subject. Columns can be missing in the response for two reasons:

• They are unauthorized
  • Their value is null. Indicium only returns null values if you add an Accept header with the value include_null_values=true.

I hope this clarifies things.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Vincent Doppenberg I understand the rules regarding authorization and null values. But what condition is there regarding hidden columns? The customer is also seeing hidden columns. When I test this the hidden columns are not showing up in postman. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Erwin,

Hidden columns are returned because the GUI depends on them in some way. For instance, if the Universal GUI has to apply a conditional layout based on the value of a hidden column, then it is necessary to know the value of this column. This is precisely the difference between Hidden and Unauthorized. Every column that is marked as Hidden in the SF will automatically be set to Unauthorized, unless the GUI has some need for them.

You can see why a Hidden column was not made Unauthorized by going to Roles → Tables → Columns in the SF and running the question mark task on the column.

Also, please refer to the following documentation on this topic.
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/roles#hidden-read-only-full-rights-or-unauthorized

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The problem was the cookies in insomnia. Once we removed these it worked.