Solved

Merge issues in SF

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All,

Recently we are running into more erratic behavior in the SF with Merging. 

This morning I got this; 

and yesterday; 

We cannot solve this with reason - just with trial and error , merging some back and forth.. and sometimes it works, sometimes it takes longer. 

What is the advice on solving this, and how can we prevent this? 

Very much appreciated! 

Kind regards, 

Alexander 

icon

Best answer by Renée Evertzen 21 June 2023, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Alexander,

The first error means that somehow you have created data , or created delta actions, in your Software Factory that does/do not comply with the constraints. This means that potentially you have set the delta action that creates the process step control point to be executed. If the action that created the process step that this control point belongs to won’t be executed, this will create a constraint problem, since the child is lacking its parent.

The second error I can't interpret based on just this screenshot alone. One of your delta actions probably tries to delete an object that still has related columns attached to it. This might be a table? But like I said, I can’t say for sure based on just this screenshot.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Blommetje,

Did Renée's reaction point you in the right direction?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

I was on holiday for a bit and forgot how I fixed it. I went through all the Merge conflicts to check on them a bit better, selecting main/dev branch per line. I think it went after that, perhaps in a few tries. 

Did it work? Yes. Do I understand it? Not at all. Why did it not run the first time, when I assume I merged all my changes. When I selected 'Keep Branch’ I assume it should work. Also, when I select merge and it doesn't work, this error is not very easy/clear to fix. 

But for now, things are moving! Thanks! 

Blommetje