Solved

Manual selection in Creation Process

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

It is very unfortunate that the 'Manual' option is no longer available.

We used this option very often to have more control over the scripts that are run on the database. For example, it is not always desirable to perform the Checks and Indexes scripts, especially with larger databases.

I would appreciate it if this option comes back in the platform.

The Release plan blog mentioned that the creation process has been simplified, in my opinion it is not.

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 25 October 2022, 11:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

In the Execute source code process after connecting to the DB with the task, the Software Factory will preselect the code files that can be run. The developer can deselect any code files to ensure these code files are not executed. This allows you to deselect Check and Indexes. Does this suffice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hello Mark,

I tried this, but did not work. The checkboxes are disabled and also an error occurs when I try to connect to a database. Again, the error message gives not enough info for me to solve it. 😓

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That's unfortunate. The Indicium error log should be able to tell what the problem is. It may be that Indicium cannot sign in or connect to the desired server, could that be the case?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I don't know, but it is not nice to search at different places to find out the cause of this kind of errors. It is very unclear to us which Windows-/DBuser is connecting to which file location and database.

I assume that Indicium is running with a default 'IIS USER’ account. In our case Indicium is connected with the IAM of TSF as tsf_admin. tsf_admin already has the sysadmin role.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

This topic most likely is the same issue as you described in the other topic. Indicium might not have the authorization to perform the commands.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Correct, but we have a serious problem. It cost us a lot of time to sort out. And at this moment we are not able to update out development database. 

I am running out of patience 😓

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

I understand the frustration when things like this don't function properly. This may help you out: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/indicium#configuring-pool-users

If this still results in it not working, feel free to create a ticket for assistance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

This is now the error in the log:

System.Exception: The file path 'Source_code\Groups' is relative. The storage configuration 'generated_scripts_location' only allows absolute paths.

I do not understand this, because I have set an absolute path in IAM

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Inside IAM for the file storage generated_scripts_location, it requires a base path such as \\server\folder\.

This will then be used within the write processes of the Software Factory. Code files will then be written, according to the above example, to \\server\folder\Source_code\Groups. 

The error occurs due to the Software Factory not knowing the base path in advance of starting the process. This has come to our attention and we have a User story to solve this. Then the error will no longer occur. The error occurs when Indicium tries to clean up the previous written folder but due to the SF not being able to construct the correct folder path, the path will be "Source_code\Groups”; resulting in the error.

Due to Indicium not being able to create the folder and writing files in it, the process will repeatedly fail and cause this error to occur in Indicium. 

Long story short, the error can be ignored.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I have entered this "C:\ThinkWEC\Development\Generated Scripts\” for storage location "generated_scripts_location”. 

Closed TSF, started the whole Creation Process again and still no success. Hopefully Erwin can help me out. 

Again, the old creation system was fine and at this moment I see no added value for moving this to Indicium.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Harm Horstman I thought we already resolved this in a ticket? Can this topic be closed? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

We found work around to solve this for our current environment, but I don’t know if you made any change in the SF to ensure it will not happen again.