Lookups don't work in universal

• 8 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I don’t know why but (suddenly) the lookups are not working anymore in Universal.

I tried everything possible. (I upgraded to all new versions 2021.2.11) I regenerated the software, there are no errors. In the windows GUI it works correctly, but in the Universal GUI I see the ID’s in stead of the lookup fields.

This is the Universal windows 

And this is the WIndows GUI screen

In the browser debug screen I see this.

The Indicium log is empty however I see every 30 seconds an error coming up. (I assume this is related to a auto-refresh of something but not on this screen)

2021-06-08T12:16:00.0263234+02:00  [err] Unable to execute the AutoML get training options connector. The AutoML service URL is missing. (f12f751f)
2021-06-08T12:16:00.1257553+02:00  [err] Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (f59a5554)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Indicium.Shared.TSF.TSFMessageHandler.GetPredefinedMessages() in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\TSF\TSFMessageHandler.cs:line 134
   at Indicium.Data.SQLServer.Utils.ProcessDatabaseMessage(String procedureName, TSFMessageHandler messageHandler, Nullable`1 errorCode, String errorMessage) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.SQLServer\Utils.cs:line 62
   at Indicium.Data.SQLServer.Utils.ProcessDatabaseException(String procedureName, TSFMessageHandler messageHandler, DbException dbException) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.SQLServer\Utils.cs:line 18
   at Indicium.Data.Shared.Connection.DbCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithMessages(DbCommand command, String userID, TSFMessageHandler messageHandler, Action`3 processError) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.Shared\Connection\DbCommandExtensions.cs:line 43
   at Indicium.Data.Shared.TSFDbDataProvider.GetProcessNodeConnectors(FullProcessFlow processFlow, ProcessAction processAction, Dictionary`2 variableValues, Boolean successful) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.Shared\TSFDbDataProvider.cs:line 707
   at Indicium.Shared.ProcessFlows.ActiveProcessFlow.updateProcessActionQueue(ProcessAction lastAction, ProcessActionResult result) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\ProcessFlows\ActiveProcessFlow.cs:line 277
   at Indicium.Shared.ProcessFlows.ActiveProcessFlow.continueFlow(ProcessActionResult result) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\ProcessFlows\ActiveProcessFlow.cs:line 167
   at Indicium.Shared.ProcessFlows.ActiveProcessFlow.Start(FullProcessFlow processFlow, ProcessAction startAction, TSFApplication application, Guid processFlowResourceID, IDataProvider dataProvider, IProcessFlowServiceProvider services, ILogger logger) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\ProcessFlows\ActiveProcessFlow.cs:line 72
   at Indicium.BackgroundServices.SystemFlowSchedulerBase.RunSystemFlow(Int32 guiApplID, TSFApplication application, FullProcessFlow systemFlow, DateTime scheduledTime) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\BackgroundServices\SystemFlowSchedulerBase.cs:line 93
   at Indicium.BackgroundServices.SystemFlowSchedulerBase.ScheduleSystemFlow(Int32 guiApplID, TSFApplication application, FullProcessFlow systemFlow, DateTime scheduledTime) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\BackgroundServices\SystemFlowSchedulerBase.cs:line 68

And there is a message about the system flow scheduler.

As far as I know the system flow scheduler does not run in the application ‘against’ the SF, so what system flow is running?

2021-06-08T01:28:07.7292472+02:00  [err] Due to an error the systemflow scheduler has paused and will resume in one minute. Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'IServiceProvider'. (a0308d4b)
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'IServiceProvider'.
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.ThrowHelper.ThrowObjectDisposedException()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.ServiceProviderEngineScope.GetService(Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[t](IServiceProvider provider)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

Did you run all the latest IAM and SF hotfixes? That may fix some problems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Edwin,

Both of those sections of Indicium's error log are related to an issue with system flows. These issues are not related to your problem with the lookups in the Universal GUI, but are nonetheless worth hot-fixing. Hopefully Mark's suggestion will help with your lookup issue, if not, it might be an issue in the Universal GUI.

You asked why the system flows are running when you are running the application against the SF. This is because Indicium is always running against IAM and will always execute system flows. You are merely telling the Universal GUI to load the application model through the SF (the SF that resides within that IAM). I hope this explains why the system flows are running.

Can you report a ticket for the system flow issue in TCP and attach the entire log file, so we can examine the issue more closely?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Mark, Vincent, I directly upgraded the SF and the IAM to the latest version including the hotfixes. My problem with the lookups is finished now. It is still be strange that I experience this behaviour on a random moment and that from that moment the error persists.. But OK That problem is solved. 
It is a bit of hush all those versions for all the components (not always working smoothly together) Do you have a kind of best practise for an upgrade procedure because I want to develop and want to minimize spending time on updates… 
I will check the Indicium log whether the system flow error is still there. If so I will create a new ticket.

Thanks for so far.