Solved

Login failed for user XXX

• 2 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have problems starting the application from users I added in IAM.

I did the following:

1. Add user in IAM
  2. Assign User to User Group
  3. Make sure the user has permission to the IAM database & the test database (the database used by the active application)

I did this for 2 different users and both have the same problem:

Login failed for user XXX

Whenever I  simulate the users, the application works perfectly. I get both users logged in with the correct rights I assigned to them via the user group.

Any idea what I am still missing?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 June 2023, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Bump.

I tried to reproduce this issue by removing rights incrementally on a second account, but I did not manage to reproduce. The error message does not help:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Nick,

Which authentication type does the user use? IAM, RDBMS, Windows?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Nick,

Which authentication type does the user use? IAM, RDBMS, Windows?

We are using Windows authentication. This is the same for every user.

I tried testing RDBMS but I do not have sufficient rights to create a database user this way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is the user listed in the database server and has sufficient rights to both the IAM, SF and possibly end product database? (if SSMS: Object Explorer > [Server] > Security > Logins)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is the user listed in the database server and has sufficient rights to both the IAM, SF and possibly end product database? (if SSMS: Object Explorer > [Server] > Security > Logins)

Hi Mark,

The users did have access to all the databases (which we can do ourselves), but were not listed under logins. After our IT partner made sure they were added to the database server, the problem was solved, Thanks!