Solved

insufficient memory

• 29 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi all,

One of our users triggers an ‘insufficient memory’-error on a regular basis (approx. 1x per week/ 2 weeks). The same error now and then appears among his collegues, but not quite as often (3 times in the past 12 months). We have checked the available memory, which should be more than enough. I have tried to reproduce the error by trying to overload the server-memory, but I was not able to reproduce the error.

Does anybody know where this message is coming from? We work with Remote Desktop Services, the hardware is up to date. TW platform = 2019.1; SQL2014; GUI Windows Desktop 2020.2.17.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 February 2021, 10:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

Does the user do anything specific, like uploading a big file, that could cause the GUI to throw such an error? Or does it happen during navigating a specific screen or selecting a specific row? The memory of the GUI can sometimes need alot of RAM to deal with something like lots of data or a big file, hence I ask.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

Not that I have seen yet. It happens on different occasions, opening different query's. Like I said, I tried to overload the server's memory by trying to open big query's, while having other aplications open at the same time. I saw during those tests that after closing a tab the RAM data was not freed. So I tried to open a lot of those big query's with the GUI eating up more than 10 GB of RAM eventually. I was unable to reproduce the error in these situations. And, as you can see in the screenshot, the moment the error triggers, the amount of RAM needed is not excessive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

I have created a TCP issue for you under issue number 79822. 

Feel free to add information in the issue. Our Product Innovation team will help you further with this. When a solution has been given, it will be added in this thread.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Thanks Mark!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Mark Jongeling  

Was there ever a solution? Every now and then we also run into this error as well. 

Blommetje

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Mark Jongeling  

Was there ever a solution? Every now and then we also run into this error as well. 

Blommetje

Hi @Blommetje,

Hugo did not experience the error since the creation of this ticket. We therefor have closed it. If you do experience it and can reproduce the issue, we can take a look into it. Feel free to create a ticket.