Solved

Indicium as service: license check log every 11 to 13 seconds?

• 18 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

We have a Thinkwise application installed at several customer sites.

Part of our implementation is running Indicium as a service (using nssm.exe). We have a scheduled task to restart the service every early morning, so separate log files are created per date, in the ..\indicium\log folder.

At a new implementation, I notice that Indicium logs its license check every 11 to 13 seconds:

This does not happen at our other customer sites;  there this will only be logged once - at startup of the service.

How can I disable this check running or logging so frequently? I don't want to flood the log file with unnecessary log messages.

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 18 March 2024, 16:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @Wilfred Bossenbroek,

It looks like your Indicium is not configured correctly and is restarting every 11-13 settings. The particular logging shown in your screenshot can only happen once, when Indicium is started, and after that it will not occur again until Indicium is restarted.

From your description, my two best guesses are

• The scheduled task that restarts Indicium every morning is not configured correctly and actually restarts Indicium constantly.
  • NSSM is somehow restarting the Indicium service constantly.

You can confirm or eliminate the first option by turning that scheduled task off.

Another thing you could do is look at the Windows Event Viewer to see if you can find a reason for the shutdown/restart of the process.

Aside from these points, NSSM does have the following known bug listed on their website, which indicates that an issue with privileges could be causing this:

nssm may enter a crash and restart loop if run without administrator rights when privilege elevation is needed to complete the requested action.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Yes! Thanks. 

Of course, that makes total sense (after the fact).

The standard configured port for Indicium is 5000, in the Windows application event log there were (a lot of) errors stating that port 5000 was already in use.

So I added following to the Appsettings.json:

"Kestrel": {
"Endpoints": {
"Http": {
"Url": "http://localhost:5050"
}
}
}

and all is well now!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Wilfred,

That's great to hear, thank you for posting the solution to the problem for future reference as well.