Solved

Importing & using excel data in a single flow

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi,

I am running into a problem when trying to import and use the data of an excel document within a flow. 

I have made a task that has a file column which is coupled with azure file storage. Uploading the task to azure file storage works fine. However, I want to use the content of the excel in the flow that has been started by this task. 

The process action that, at least to me, makes the most sense to use would be the read file process action. This is where I ran into my first problem. The input of the source file parameter could be random when a user inserts files with the same name. Additionally, the read file process action does not translate the data from base64 to a string, is this intended behaviour? Or would this not be possible with the read file process action/ any other process action?

In short: Is it possible to import an excel file from a task and use the data from the excel file within the same flow? 

I am looking forward to any ideas that will get this working!

icon

Best answer by Mark Leunissen 18 April 2024, 08:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I am still struggling to find the solution to this problem. Could anyone point me in the direction of a possible solution?

The import api could be of help, but the documentation does not explain the problem I have with inserting an excel file and processing it in the same flow.

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/indicium/importapi#import-api

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Mark,

Could you share the process flow configuration as you have right now? The Import API should be visible through the help of the Developer tools of your browser. You can try and import a simple file and see all the individual request that are done. Then mimic them in your process flow.

To my knowledge, the Read file connector will read the contents of the file and return it as-is to you but I personally haven't used Azure file storage so I could have it wrong here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The problem has been solved! We have used the import api to import the excel data.