Skip to main content

We import an Excel-file using the standard importing feature within Universal. Before importing the data (or right after) I would like to delete the records that were already present in the table.

I am looking to use the default logic to do so, however, I am unable to distinquish the previously imported records (except for a time-based solution which is not a preferable option to me). I need a unique condition / trigger before the import starts to delete all existing records, or I would need to be able to distinguish the newly imported records from the old records.

Is there a way to do this using the default logic?

Curious about this as well :)

Not sure you could or should accomplish this by using the default.

Why not create a task have the task handle the import, that way you could do a merge strategy or a delete and insert.  
Or alternatively if you really want the excel import functionality, you could use a staging table and compare the data from import table with actual table either by using a process flow or have a system flow that checks if there is something in the staging table and updates the records in the actual table.  

Our backup plan is to create a task and use the indicium API to process the import. The staging table is a nice idea. 

I would have expected a variable to identify a specific import though. I will create an idea for this.