Solved

Importing data - Invalid OData URL error

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi!

I'm trying to import data in the Universal GUI, but receiving a "bad request” error message after finishing all the steps in the popup. Only the following info shows up in the error log:
[ERR] Invalid OData URL. The path '"/_staged_import_organisation(14200c4a-ff5d-44c8-945d-5b588e98edac)/start_commit"' is invalid. (2f035637)
Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Unsupported route. No matching entity or operation found.

I'm importing a simple xls file with company names, directly into the table. Some columns in the destination table are mandatory (some checkboxes, user and datetime field) and I am providing a set value for these during the import.

Any idea what's going on here?

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 15 April 2024, 11:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @Yara,

The most likely explanation for this is that your Universal GUI is newer than your Indicium. The /start_commit endpoint is a rather new feature of Indicium to initiate an asynchronous import operation which cannot result in a timeout. If you have updated your Universal GUI, it will start using /start_commit, but if you have not updated your Indicium, it won't support it.

I hope this helps.

Badge

@Vincent Doppenberg, thank you! After updating indicium the import works as expected.