Skip to main content
Solved

Import Insights demo in the Software Factory

• 17 July 2024
  • 6 replies

How can I import the Insights demo into my Software Factory (version 2024.2.11)?

Where can I download the zip file?

Thank you in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Joy,

The 2024.2.11 is an STS version and is no longer supported. You can better download the 2024.2 platform version to start developing with. Download here from TCP: https://tcp.thinkwise.app/universal/

The Insights model can be downloaded through the Thinkstore inside your Software Factory. If you do not see any solutions when you open the screen, that can happen - it may take a while before all solutions are available. You will need Indicium running on the IAM in which the Software Factory application is placed; probably your development IAM.

Once the solutions are there, find Insights and download the solution. You may need to log in to allow Indicium to download the model in your name. Thereafter install the model and you can switch to it.

More info here: Thinkstore introduction | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

In your response, you indicate that version 2024.2.11 is an STS version.

The 2024.2.11 is an STS version and is no longer supported. You can better download the 2024.2 platform version to start developing with.

I myself am using version 2024.2.12, assuming that the latest release is always the best one for further development, but I now see that this is also an STS version.

Can you explain on what basis and when you internally determine whether it is an STS or LTS version? I have never been aware of this because it is not a feature of the version and you have to deduce this from the description and it is also not consistently filled in there. The release of the new version 2024.3 has not yet been released for downloading, so we would have to downgrade to a previous version which seems to me an undesirable scenario.

LTS (Long-Term Support) / STS (Short-Term Support)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

This surprises me a bit. The STS version are "inactive” which should mean the product version is not visible; however this seems to be not the case. TCP is currently working on making that LTS/STS distinction possible, for now we disable the Active checkbox which should prevent you from seeing it.

I'll make sure this goes to the right person to take action on. Whilst the latest STS version is stable and works just fine, it is only supported for 4 weeks. We are currently testing this STS-rollout internally first. 

2024.2 is the advise for now 😄

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Insight is not listed in my Thinkstore (on 2024.2), where can I find it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Looked into it, it seems the solution is under constuction at the moment and therefore not available. I'll have to ask the product manager who is currently on leave. I can refer you to https://insights.thinkwise.app/universal/ for now to be able to view the Insights application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It has been resolved, Insights can now be downloaded again from the Thinkstore 😄