Solved

Image upload

• 17 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I have created a basic database image upload functionality and I want to know if there is a possibility to switch from the database blob to azure blob storage depending on the image size. I saw that on the file storage locations you can pre-define a max size in MB.

What I want is to have that set up to a limit and if my picture exceed the limit, I want it to be automatically saved in azure blob and not in the database.

For example if I set up the file storage location to my database and I set up the limit on 5 MB and I try to upload a picture bigger than that I want the picture to be sent in azure blob storage and not in database.

For azure I have also set up a file storage location and I don't know if I can make them work together.

icon

Best answer by AndreKemmeren 20 October 2023, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

1 column can only have 1 storage type. If you really need this functionality you could create a process flow to determine the file size and based on that fill either column A or column B. Where column A uses azure blob and column B uses database blob. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I'd recommend just putting any binary into a storage location.

Databases don't really like binaries and it helps to keep your database small while the Azure Storage is honestly dirt cheap and really fast.

We've noticed huge performance benefits from using Blob Storage even for smaller binaries.

Hi @TurcuPaulAndrei  it's been a while since you created this topic. Did you manage to solve your situation in the meantime?