Solved

ID in URL Universal

• 19 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have table task where you select the organisation and after executing the task a screen opens with the selected organisation. Is it possible to get the id of that organisation in the url. So like below and than with organisation_id = 6?

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 16 November 2023, 10:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Because after I use F5 in the application the open screen Organisation refresht to the first row in the database. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi, is there something like this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi groos,

Within a process flow you can store the organization id used in the task or after opening the document to perform further actions. 

However, the selected record of a document is not stored in the hash-navigation segment of the URL. What is the reason that your end users are using F5?

Also check out deep linking if you want to allow users to navigate directly to a record.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello Anne,

Thank you for you answer. I will explain it a little further.

We have a menu task where an organization can be selected. Then the process flow opens that organization and the details, so that goes well. If the user use F5, the screen refreshes and then suddenly opens a completely different organization than the one selected by the menu task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I see, the user presses F5 in order to refresh the data currently in the screen?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yes, we develop for an older target group and it sometimes happens that they use f5 to refresh the screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi groos,

Storing the full state of the screen (the current filtering, sorting, grouping, the current selected row, opened detail(s) and the same information for any opened details) in the hash navigation to preserve this on page refresh may not be feasible.

The GUI could bind the F5-key to only refresh the data instead of refreshing the entire web application. Pressing F5 would then do the same as manually pressing the refresh data button in the action bar.

However, F5 is a default browser keybinding. Some newer user groups in our user base do not like the default browser keybindings being overwritten by the GUI. I’ll take this up with the GUI team.