Solved

I cannot edit Dates while Editing in Grid. Is that a bug or do i have a wrong setting?

In Universal GUI i cannot edit Dates while Editing in Grid. Is that a bug or do i have a wrong setting?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 June 2021, 13:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Does the Model allowed editing of these columns (in Grid)? These columns could be set to Read only on Grid level, but it could also be Column level. Could you check that?

Dates settings are editable on the Table and Grid. But still cannot edit in Grid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I just got confirmed that Date/Time/Datetime are currently not editable in the Grid. There is a backlog item for it to be implemented but it hasn't been planned yet. I will communicate internally about noting your need for this feature.

i added a bug 1858S

Bug 1858S was cancelled and i reopened it again as a new one 1879S. @Mark Jongeling Is it possible to discuss this a bit further with your colleagues at Thinkwise? This isn’t a Wish it is clearly a Bug. It is a missing feature, because it is working on Windows and Web GUI, so it should be working on the Universal GUI also. We tried to find workarounds for missing features from Universal GUI like “Add records on Grid” and now we cannot proceed any further because “Edit in Grid” is not fully functional.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

A bug is defined as having a feature that is not working properly. Since this is not an implemented feature yet, it cannot be a bug. Although this is working in the Windows and Web GUI, that does not mean every single feature in Windows and Web GUI that is not implemented in the Universal GUI is automatically a bug.

We are working hard on implementing the features that are missing in the Universal GUI. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will inform my colleague about your wish and that's about everything I can do for you.