Skip to main content

Can someone explain the behavior below?

On mobile devices, hyperlinks are displayed in 2 ways. I just can't figure out why and I cannot reproduce this either. The URLs are exactly the same and are shown within a preview component. 

The example in the middle shows the desired behavior, where we can open the image with a hyperlink and the user can zoom the image or share it via WhatApp etc. Afterwards, this popup can be closed again with the 'Done' button.

The example on the right does not work properly, because the image cannot be closed, the only option is to restart the application.

What should be the right way to achieve this in a proper way?

SF/UI version 2024.3 / 2024.3.10

@Harm Horstman do you mean that these two ways happen both in the Universal GUI? If so, could you explain when which one happens?

Both with Universal.

The left one was a release of 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be the same in the model. It must be something small, but I have been searching for 2 days now and cannot find a reason.

There is now difference between both application instances, when running them with Chrome on a Windows PC.

@Harm Horstman this is too vague. Can you clarify when the middle one happens and when the right one happens?

• UI version both 2024.3.10?
  • Both started from within the iOS PWA?
  • Is there a difference in which URL you click (File link control vs custom HTML url f.e.)?
  • What actions do you do in the GUI that result in behavior ‘middle’? 
  • What actions do you do in the GUI that result in behavior ‘right’?

@Arie V 

UI version of middle one is 2024.2.13 and right one is now 2024.3.10. I have upgraded, but yesterday before this upgrade the same problem occurred.

Both started from iOS PWA

This is the contents of the HTML field for both applications:

<div>
<a href="/indicium/iam/6/document(123)/STT.download_image">Open...</a>
</div>

Also in Safari on iOS the problem occurs

I found the cause of the problem. It is due to a different webserver setup.

Conclusion:
https://prod.smarttt.nl/universal/… gives the desired behavior, https://test.smarttt.nl/... not 

Up until 2 weeks ago, we configured the environments as in the production environment. We prefer this setup for maintenance reasons.

The reason for the adjustment is, because I was told that deep links would not function well in that way.

Fortunately, we now have a cause, but I would like to get advice, about the most optimal setup. Or is this something that needs to be improved within the Universal GUI?