HTTP connector output issue (I think)

  • 15 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I am trying to connect with a 3rd party API (Visma API based on Swagger) and for some reason I can't seem to get an output from the HTTP connector. For testing purposes I insert the connector output into a text file but the file remains empty. This is the debug error message in the application after triggering the process flow:

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: A. Path '', line 0, position 0.

This suggests the connector output is empty which would explain why the file remains empty. If my assumption is correct then I don't understand why this happens. I have created the correct API call in the Insomnia application first and I get the expected json result:

(Don't worry about data sensitivity because the data comes from a test account.)

All the API call needs is a URL and these 5 headers (including a token). In SF I've set the parameters as follows:

With 5 headers as a single value containing 5 lines being:

Accept: application/json
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Authorization: Bearer cb3987a4-ee55-4f31-acbc-************
ipp-company-id: 1599238
ipp-application-type: Financials

The output of the HTTP connector goes into a parameter called json_output which in turn is used as data input in a write file connector. The text file used for output is accessible to the user account under which I run the application.

What could be causing the file to remain empty?

Best answer by Anne Buit 18 March 2019, 09:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Roland,

The input headers are currently only accepted in JSON format. You can find more about this in the docs.

However, I think it would be a great improvement to accept a newline and colon separated value as headers value as well. I'll raise this with the devs.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Thanks, Anne. Very useful information! I'll rewrite the header in json format and will post the outcome here.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I rewrote the header in json format and it works now. I did have to omit the Accept header because of this error message:

The 'Accept' header must be modified using the appropriate property or method. Parameter name: name

Luckily the API works fine without it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello Roland,

The accept header will now no longer be added to the normal headers, for it has a separate property to set the value for this. This also counts for Content-Length and Content-Type headers.

If you are interested you can see a list of all special headers here:

We now use that method to check if the given header can be set in a normal way or should be set with a separate property.

The next GUI release which will come the 3rd of March will contain this fix.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind Regards,