Solved

Http connector error

• 7 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello!

I have this error in the error log "Process action "connect_to_api" in process flow "process_flow_test_api" in application 2 returned the following message: "The external webserver (…..) responded with the following error: 'The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.". I have tried to call the process flow from Postman with the Post method and I get status 201 Created .

We have a client certificate on that server and my ip address and the ip address of the app are whitelisted.

Do you know what can cause this error in the error log ? 

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 22 December 2023, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are you using the same credentials in postman and in the process flow?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Sulea,

The most obvious reason for this would be that the authentication settings on your HTTP connector are incorrect and don't in fact match with your authentication settings in Postman.

However, what I wrote here may apply to this problem as well. Usually whenever people do the exact same request in an HTTP connector and in Postman/Insomnia, and one of them works while the other gives a 401 Unauthorized response, the reason is that Postman/Insomnia is not using the authentication settings that they think it is. This is because clients like Postman/Insomnia remember authentication cookies and these cookies supersede authentication settings on the request.

So in your case, I would delete all cookies in Postman and then try the request again with the same authentication settings. You might find that you're now getting a 401 Unauthorized in Postman as well. Which simply means that your username and/or password are incorrect.

I hope this helps.