Skip to main content
Question

HTML control is taking to much height

• 10 July 2024
  • 5 replies

For some reason the HTML control used in “Factuurnummer” is by default very high, but i want it to be the same height as “Intern factuurnummer”

At the subject page these are the settings, as you can see Field height in positions is empty. I can put in 1 for example but then still it is not the same height.

I checked the domain settings and these are as follows. So why is the HTML control taking so much height when it's not configured?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

Not entirely sure but I think the Universal GUI always uses a height of 3 positions unless bigger is specified. That might have to do with the control but I'm not too sure about that. @Leroy Witteveen, could you perhaps enlighten us on this topic?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Dennis,

Not entirely sure but I think the Universal GUI always uses a height of 3 positions unless bigger is specified. That might have to do with the control but I'm not too sure about that. @Leroy Witteveen, could you perhaps enlighten us on this topic?

If i change the height to 3 or more it only gets worse haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Dubblechecked, if the Field height in position is left empty, by default it will be set to take 3 positions in height. If given any value, like 1, 2, 4 or bigger, that amount of positions will be reserved. This also applies to Multiline, RTF, and the Code editor.

Do note that a height of 1 is not a good choice:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Height of 1 works, but what annoys me that it's not exactly the same height as the field next to it. A few pixels difference which breaks the layout a bit

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

HI Dennis,

That is indeed a difference our Universal GUI team will have to take a look at. Can you verify with the latest Universal GUI version this behavior persist and if so, create a ticket in TCP? Thanks!