Solved

How to start a process flow in Scheduler?

• 2 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to start a process_flow when editing/updating in the scheduler. I have tried the proces actions edit_row & grid_edit but both actions showed no sign of executing a process flow:

Is it possible to kick-off a process flow in a scheduler and if yes: how? 

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 18 February 2022, 09:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The scheduler does not work with edit_row/grid_edit instead it’s using tasks. You can set up the task as the starting point of the process flow. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The use of a task as starting point is not wanted. The only starting point of a process flow for the scheduler is a task? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Correct me if I am wrong but in the Universal GUI the scheduler is not using tasks (https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/screen_types#available-features). 

So, I think it is not possible to use tasks to start a process flow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You are correct, I'm sorry for the miscommunication I did not notice this was involving the Universal GUI. I will ask around how this works for universal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

While the process flow is started after the Edit Row action by Indicium, Universal currently does not follow up on any UI action that might be the result of the process flow being started after a drag-drop in the scheduler.

I’ve taken the liberty to create a ticket for this, you can track it via ticket number 2919S.