Solved

How to solve the "Invalid signature" error?

• 13 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

How to solve this this error message?

Invalid signature

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 13 July 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

That is a strange error message that I've never seen before. Is this a fresh Windows GUI downloaded from TCP? Otherwise retry the download, maybe something went wrong during the download.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I had the exact same reaction.

"That is a strange error message that I've never seen before.”

The problem only seems to occur with 1 of our end users. Deleting the C:\Users\u.sername\AppData\Local\Thinkwise Software\ folder also makes no difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did you overwite the Clickstart.exe in the GUI folder or are you reusing a previous version of the .exe? That may be the cause of all problems.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I used the Thinkwise deployer to deploy the GUI. I was therefore under the assumption that the Clickstart.exe would also be replaced. However, there seemed to be a (special) situation on our fileserver that prevented the Clickstart.exe from being removed or overwritten. As a result, the GUI folder was replaced in its entirety with the exception of the .exe. Meanwhile, the entire GUI folder was removed and deployed again. The problem seems to be solved with this.

Thanks for your input 👍🏼

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

After this problem occurred again today with one of our end user I started debugging. I would like to share my findings with you.

X Invalid signature.
  1. First I deleted the local user folder so that all the files would be copied again.
    After copying some files, the error message appeared, the folder structure was created though. Afterwards re-running the clickstart resulted in further copying of missing files. I repeated this action about ten times so that then all files were set locally. After this the application started successfully.

I ruled out whether it is a User or PC problem by run the application shortcut "As a different user” and used admin credentials to execute. The C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Thinkwise Software\GUI\GUI folder structure was created but during copying the contents the error message also now appeared.

🔷 So it seems to be a problem caused by the computer.

2. I then ran the contents of the GUI folder through a manual copy action. Here the Windows explorer came up with the same error message.
    With the "Opnieuw proberen" action, the copying was continued and the file was copied, so exactly the same behavior as running the ClickStart several times in a row. 

🔷 The ClickStart Error message "Invalid signature" appears to be a Windows 0x80090006 error message.

The exact reason that the GUI files are not successfully retrieved locally is still unknown but with this we can rule out that it is a local problem (probably caused by a virus scanner time-out policy).