Solved

How to open a specific branche with Universal

• 3 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I try to become more familiar with branches, since project versions are no longer used in 2023.1.

I have created a branch to implement the new scheduler functionality for Universal. Now I like to test this.

Why is my alias not accepted during login?

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 3 February 2023, 10:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

The Universal GUI uses a different tactic in opening a specific application. This field requires either the GUI application number (gui_appl_id) or its Alias (gui_appl_alias) value.

In the Software Factory you can find these values in the Runtime configuration screen for the particular branch, and in the Intelligent Application Manager you can find these in the Applications screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. That's what I did, see the top picture. Or am I wrong? 

This kind of thinks drives us crazy 😐. Why can this not made more easy and make it possible to switch between Applications in Universal after login?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could it be that this application has no menu (items) for the Universal platform? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I think that is not the problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Harm,
Just to be sure, are you listed as an active user in the "Other users” tab (this can be found as a detail of Runtime configurations).

If not, you should be able to that in that screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hello Dick,

Yes, that was the problem. Thank you!

I hope you understand that it is very difficult to quickly find your way around the platform this way. Way too many settings that all have to be set correctly to get started.

Without your help I would never have made it. Surely that cannot be the intention.

Perhaps an idea to include this more clearly in the documentation, with a checklist that guides you step by step.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I agree that a list with error message like this one, with some possible solutions could help out a lot of customers and save time. Good idea!

It is good to hear your issue is resolved.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Harm Horstman @Dick van den Brink I also noticed the following: in the Switch branch task one can select a Branch in which one is not an Active user by disabling a pre-filter in the Lookup. If one does this, do you agree that the user performing this task should then automatically be added as Active user for that Branch?

I believe that would make sure this confusion won’t happen to anyone again soon ánd it saves having to go to an entirely different screen to Activate the GUI basically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

in the Switch branch task one can select a Branch in which one is not an Active user by disabling a pre-filter in the Lookup. If one does this, do you agree that the user performing this task should then automatically be added as Active user for that Branch?

Correct, this is intended. Occasionally you will need to switch to branches to find something you are looking for. But this is not all the time. The My models and My branches prefilters, or Favorites we sometimes call it, are intended to present a concise list of model and branches you are actively working on or switching to a lot of times.

For example, the MAIN branch is usually a Production branch. Every once in a while a user may switch to it, but it does not mean they are actively working on it or switching to a lot of times. The workaround is easy, by simply adding the model or branch to your favorites using the task: 

Add to My models/Branches