Solved

How to debug the issue when synchronizing fails

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The synchronize to IAM was failed on the step “Synchronizing: tab_prefilter”. How can I find out the problem?

Synchronize to IAM failed

icon

Best answer by Dennis van Leeuwen 18 October 2023, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

The Indicium log is a good place to start. Synchronizing should never fail during the synchronization phase.

My guess is that you have encountered the issue where you have removed a prefilter from the model, whilst a user of your application has registered that prefilter in their user preferences. We have released a platform improvement for that: 🚀 Platform improvements for week 39 | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The error in the Indicium log seems to confirm your suspicion.

[ERR] Process action "run_sync_script" in process flow "system_flow_sync_to_iam" in application 21 threw an exception. (dedd009e)
Indicium.Shared.TSF.NonFatalDbException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'tab_prefilter_id', table 'AMBER_IAM.dbo.usr_pref_model_tab_prefilter_status'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.
The statement has been terminated.

I have manually added the prefilter again with the same tab_prefilter_id as before and converted it to "Off hidden". Problem solved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That's of course a possibility, but I recommend running the platform improvement.