Skip to main content

In my TW application I use several Crystal Reports reports.
The customer sent me a new version of the report, other than the rpt file and 2 additional parameters for the stored procedure used by the report no big changes.

I've replaced the original report with the new report and added the 2 new parameters.
When I try to open the report from the application I keep getting:

Other reports work correctly, just this one report is being naughty 🙂 :(

Does the report work when you try to run it directly (without the software factory)?

Does the report work when you try to run it directly (without the software factory)?

yes it does….

Doing a quick google I came onto this topic. Could this be the problem you are experiencing? The topic suggest manually linking tables instead of using a view causes issues. 

https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-q-a/error-in-file-quot-filename-rpt-quot-database-connector-error/qaq-p/9551045

I think I know what is happening.
When I run a trace on the db using an extended event I can see what query the Crystal Repost is executing:

exec "VMS"."dbo"."reporting_price_and_purchasing_headerinfo_v2";1 9, 1, N'1-1-2020', N'29-8-2024'

The problem seems to be in the formatting of the date which is dd-mm-yyyy while the SP expects a DATE which is yyyy-mm-dd

When I run the CR report manually and enter 2020-01-01 and 2024-08-28 as dates the trace shows:

EXEC "VMS"."dbo"."reporting_price_and_purchasing_headerinfo_v2";1 9, 1, N'2020-01-01', N'2024-08-29'

And the report shows the correct data.

But how can I force the date picker in my Thinkwise application to output the selected date as yyyy-mm-dd rather than the more human readable (on this side of the big Atlantic puddle) dd-mm-yyyy?

@Erwin Ekkel did you see my last response?
It seems to be a data formatting issue but I can't figure out how to control it...

@Alban_T :

I'm a bit confused as to why the date is formatted as an nvarchar in the call to reporting_price_and_purchasing_headerinfo_v2. Assuming that all those values are the report parameters that you are passing along: What kind of domain did you give to the report parameter for the dates?

Just trying to rule things out here :)

@Alban_T :

I'm a bit confused as to why the date is formatted as an nvarchar in the call to reporting_price_and_purchasing_headerinfo_v2. Assuming that all those values are the report parameters that you are passing along: What kind of domain did you give to the report parameter for the dates?

Just trying to rule things out here :)

Maybe that is a Crystal Reports thing?
The report parameters in Thinkwise are setup with the “date” domain which is effectively a normal SQL DATE datatype: