Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have a question concerning a failed synchronization to IAM. 

As can be seen on the image below, the synchronization to IAM has failed on the step ‘Synchornizing: project’. However, it doesn't seem possible to abort the failed synchronization. So, how do I abort a failed synchronization to IAM.

I have tried to cancel it via maintenance → jobs, but this doesn't seem to work. Additionally, in maintenance → Jobs, the ‘active job’ isn't listed as an active job (second image)

Thanks in advance. 

Failed synchronization
No active job
Error 

Did you run all the hotfixes? There was an older hotfix that solved this issue: 
20220121 - Sync run did not get cancelled upon cancelling generate sync scripts

Yes, I did run the latest hotfixes. However, maybe the problem is that the ‘cancelling generate sync scripts’ or just cancel this sync is not possible / can't be found. Before I was able to manually cancel a creation or synchronization. 

Could this be the problem I'm facing? 

Can you check the synchronization history if the job is still considered running? 

Both images show that the sync has failed, but hasn't been finished or cancelled. 

Can you try manually updating the sync_run_status to 4 in the sync_run table?  

Thanks Erwin! This does seem to allow for new syncs to be started. 

Unfortunately, we've run into the same problem again. Updating the sync_run_status to 4 does help with running a new synchronization. However, when starting the new synchronization, the same problem presents itself. It does fail on another ‘step’ of the synchronization. Before the synchronization would fail on the ‘Synchronizing: project’ step, now it fails on the ‘Connecting to sync target and checking IAM version’ step. 

Please check the indicium log for errors during this process. 

The errors in de indicium log are:

2022-07-15T07:48:30.8764613+00:00   ERR] Error in process procedure of process action 'job_exists' in process flow 'system_flow_generate_sync_scripts'. (664ac011)
2022-07-15T07:48:31.1250146+00:00  ÂERR] Error scheduling system flow 'system_flow_generate_sync_scripts' for application 41. (af615906)

It looks like the previous problem is still active.

Any idea how to fix this?

I think it's best if you report this as a support ticket for us to investigate. 

The problem has been fixed, hopefully for good!

Â