Solved

How long does it take to generate a report?

• 7 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

HI, 

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for the user to generate a pdf report?

I have the following infra, all in an Azure wab gui  

Task → insert data in rpt_queue/rpt_data -→ calls a .rdl file. Saves files on the disk. 

A homemade service picks the file up, uploads to Azure File Storage, and returns a uri to the file. → The file is nicely displayed in the previewer. 

All works well, but the time between clicking the Task and actually seeing the File is somewhere around 50s to a minute. 

Our client thinks this is way too long. I’m not sure if this can be improved, but perhaps I have a delay somewhere. 

So; What is a reasonable time for generating a file?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 7 July 2021, 11:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

It depends on how big the report is or how much data it needs to obtain and use/display. A very simple report shouldn't take very long but considering the chain of events happening to preview the report, every step can introduce a delay. Is it possible to find out which step takes the most time currently?

To add; from the 2022.1 version of the platform it will be possible to generate a report in System flows through the use of the new process action Generate report.