Solved

How can we force Universal GUI updated version ?

• 9 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi All,

The scenario is simple.

1. I have a User which logged in the application in Universal GUI 2022.10 and since then has not accessed the app.
  2. We upgrade the GUI to 2023.1.12 in the mean time. 
  3. They then try to access it now and get the top popup for New version is out etc.. but they ignore it.

Not having latest GUI version will be mising optimizations, improvements, and functionality supported by latest version right ?

How can we force the GUI update on the Users, so that when a new GUI version is out they automatically get it when loging in?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by mperrott 9 February 2023, 08:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@mperrott this is something Thinkwise can and should fix. They should check this whenever someone navigates to the Universal GUI before login and trigger the page to be refreshed / open the latest version if cached version is different from latest version.

We have an open TCP issue for this for almost 2 years now… Perhaps better to push priority with an Idea that gains a lot of Community votes…

Can you raise one? Then I’ll support gathering votes 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello @Arie V  

Idea raised. Indeed I find it strange that this was not there from day one. Not the best approach to rely on users to have the most up to date platform GUI as they are not technical and do not know why they should Update the GUI of the platform. They only know the Application we publish not the Platform.

Please everyone vote for it.

Thanks