Solved

How can we emulate an IAM startup task in the Software Factory using the universal GUI?

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

For a new functionality we need to edit the startup task that any new user will see. The task is set via an IAM startup task. Now that it needs to be edited we need to be able to debug it in the Software Factory using the universal GUI. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by SanderAdam 28 September 2023, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Hi Sander,

Maybe I won't be of any help, but after reading your introduction it is not quite clear to me what the situation is.

You run the SF in the Universal GUI and want to use the SF itself to debug IAM's startup task? I am sure I misunderstood you here.

Is the startup task a custom task, one that you developed yourself?

Badge

Hello Boudewijn,

the startup task in question is a task we developed ourselves to help the user set up some first data. This task is set per user in the IAM. Since the software factory is run without the IAM settings and roles/rights, we are unable to simulate this task in the Software Factory.

Now we need to add a parameter for the user to set, so we need to be able to debug it. But that is difficult when one cannot debug. We need to emulate the startup task set to a user in the IAM, so we can debug it and see if everything is done right. I hope that makes my question a bit clearer.

Badge

I eventually solved this by adding the start up contidion as a clickable task. Like that I could emulate a start up. Now the thing I wanted to add has been added and the task has been deleted.