Solved

How can I synchronize old version in 2023.2

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

When the Software Factory was using project and project version, you were able to synchronize old project versions. This is a very powerful tool. Sometimes you need to synchronize an old version (for example you have 2 acceptation environments enabled 1 using version 1.2.1 and another using 1.2.2. In some cases you would had to fix an issue encountered in both version and synchronize both version again to IAM. 

This was no issue in the past, but with the new platform I can see that I can change the project version (model version) when generation from the creation screen, but I cannot set this when synchronizing?

Is there a way to synchronize an old model version to IAM (not the latest).

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 29 September 2023, 08:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Arjan,

You can create a branch from a specific model version, effectively having the model in the state of that point in time. Thereafter you can switch to that branch and synchronize the model to IAM.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Mark Jongeling ,

Thx this indeed should work. Good thinking. Is it perhaps an idea to set up a way to synchronize previous model version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Truth be told, we did initially had the idea that you could synchronize at a point in time. However, this had serious consequences for all calculations that were done and functions we utilize to synchronize. So we aborted the implementation as there was an easy and viable alternative - the one I suggested.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Mark Jongeling

If this is the suggested method, maybe put a best practice regard to this on the Docs? Because there is nothing mentioned about synchronizing old model versions mentioned at the moment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Arjan,

I added a paragraph in which synchronizing an older model version is explained: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/synchronization#synchronize-an-older-model-version