Question

How can I show progress in the execution of a multirow task?

• 26 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I have a multi row task that starts a process flow. This process flow executes HTTP requests for the selected rows. Now I want to show progress (tsf_send_progress), but this progress is not shown in the Windows GUI. When I look in the debug tab I can see the messages are sent.

How can I show progress?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Andre,

I am not entirely sure myself, but I have a feeling that due to the task being started by a process flow, in combination with the HTTP requests, it may not be possible to show the progress currently.

Maybe someone else can confirm that this is actually the case. If so, we could look into whether it is possible to implement this in the future.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Andre te Raa,

Do you still require assistance on this? If so, I can check internally if someone can respond to your question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Jeroen,

I am still eaiting for an answer/solution. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi André,

One reason I can think of why no progress is shown in a regular progress dialog is if the task is asynchronous (wait for result = no). Instead, its progress is shown in the ‘Running tasks’ dialog which is accessible via the arrow-down button next to the help-button in the top right of the screen.

Can you confirm whether or not this is the case?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Henk, 

The starting task is waiting for a result. But in this case it is a multirow task starting a process flow. The progress messages are not sent by the task but within the process flow (process procedure looping through the rows).

In debug mode you can see the progress messages are sent, but they are not shown on screen. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ahh that explains what’s happening. Once the task returns, the UI assumes that it is completed and stops listening for progress messages. Unfortunately I can’t see a way around this in the current implementation.

Perhaps submit this as an idea? I can see progress messages being very useful if sent from process flows.