Solved

How can I make the "Export immediately" behave the same way as the Web GUI?

• 18 January 2024
  • 7 replies

In the Web GUI when you choose “Export immediately”, it only exports the visible columns. When I use this same option in the Universal GUI, it uses all columns of the table/view.

How can I enable the same functionality, as we do not want users to see the hidden data?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 14 February 2024, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please check this topic if this answers your questions: 

@Erwin Ekkel That is a link to the “In House section”, which I am not authorized to access.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Pardon me, you are right. Here is the main information: 

The export in universal always shows pks. This is needed to be able to re-import the dataset later on. Are the columns you're seeing pks?

If you hide a non-pk column (in subjects in the tab columns) it should not be visible in the export.

@Erwin Ekkel They are indeed PK columns, but the main problem with this, is that it has different behaviour between the Web GUI and Universal GUI. As a developer I understand the need for the PK columns for the possible use of importing (if that is your intention with the export).

Colleagues from other departments will not understand why Thinkwise had to “break” a functionality they are accustomed to. It seemed a relatively safe feature to have enabled for customer, as the “export immediately” only export the visible columns in the Web GUI.

I’ll pass on this answer, but I don’t think they’ll just accept it. Thank you for your response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you feel a different way of working with exports could be beneficial to multiple developers then feel free to create an idea in the ideas section. 

@Erwin Ekkel I could do that, but does this also say that currently the functionality of the Web GUI and Windows GUI is not going to be implemented in the Universal GUI as is? In this case the context of the “Export immediately” functionality. Meaning it will behave differently.

To clarify, this is currently the result with the “Export immediately” on the same screen.
Web GUI:

Windows GUI:

Universal GUI:

Just making sure so I do not make an idea for something that is part of the project to make Universal compatible with currently existing Web/Windows GUI functionality.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Mark,

We got this already registered on the backlog of Universal. We have plans to make the logic equal as before or at least compare it with a fresh look.

It is not necessary to create a community idea for this. 

You may consider booking a ticket to get updates about this, but we will also inform you through this question.

We can not say exactly when we will work on this yet.

Best regards,
Erik Brink