Solved

Horizontal table entries in grid

• 14 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We wonder if there is a way to show the data in the grid horizontal fashion .This is how we do it now

grid vertical

We want to show the data something like this :

horizontal grid 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 November 2022, 11:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Sulea,

I can think of a couple of ways, but this exact overview is not obtainable I think.

You could create a View where months are columns too, such as month-quantity, month-amount, month-total for every month. Then put a Grid group header above these views with the respective month name. Leaving years as rows, you'll end up with a row per year.

Or vote on this idea of mine:

Maybe there are other ways, so I'll be curious to solutions of others here on the Community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You could look into PIVOT fuctionality.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@rbiram in SF what type of functionality should I use to create that pivot table?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can create a view and use PIVOT (info) inside its Control procedure template code.

PIVOT rotates a table-valued expression by turning the unique values from one column in the expression into multiple columns in the output. And PIVOT runs aggregations where they're required on any remaining column values that are wanted in the final output. 

From: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/queries/from-using-pivot-and-unpivot?view=sql-server-ver16

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you @Mark Jongeling !

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Or, at least for Universal, you wait for the editable cube to function. Then you can show your existing list in different forms depending if you put a dimension as a row or column.