hierarchical grouping in grid or ways to use fiddle with the text in a tree

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 389 replies

Hi. 

Is hierarchical grouping already available for grids? 

And if not, is there a way to make a part of the tree-text bold or of a certain color? 

Thanks, 

Freddy

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 27 August 2021, 14:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

Hierarchical grouping is not yet available for grids, it appears it never made the cut to be implemented. We do have an User story on our Universal backlog for this but the implementation will have to wait till next year most likely.

I believe with Conditional layout you can highlight Parents in a tree but you could try that out.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Freddy,

I'm not sure if it is helpful, but if you want to (easily) figure out how to go “up” and “down” a hierarchy dataset. You should check the hierarchy data type and it's corresponding methods. It made my life a lot more easy when dealing with multi-level Bill of Materials. There are some methods to find all the Childs and all the Parents from any point in the data set. Also if you want to sort your data set in a grid and sort it based on breadth first in a multi-level BOM.

Can imagine it is helpful to identify which nodes should be highlighted in the grid or tree. Link: Hierarchical Data SQL Server

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gariens, how did you model this in the TSF? The hierarchyid data type doesn't seem to exist in the TSF. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Freddy We added it as separate upgrade code. But maybe we should post an idea for this.