Solved

Getting error when clicking button 'Generated definition'

• 30 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 387 replies

I am getting the following error after I changed a template, then I have to generate definition. When I try to do this I get the below error. 

When I create and generated code via deployment it works..

What causes this?

I'm on 2023.1, latest GUI and applied all hotfixes. 

icon

Best answer by Jeroen van den Belt 23 June 2023, 11:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

Just for a check, have you chosen a model and branch you would like to work inside? In case you have deleted the branch, the model/branch choice does not change automatically.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Freddy,

Just for a check, have you chosen a model and branch you would like to work inside? In case you have deleted the branch, the model/branch choice does not change automatically.

Yes, the choice is mandatory I believe.. And in this case there is only one Model-Branch. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I believe this message can occur in case there are no program objects available. Could you try to generate the Code group of this particular control procedure?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I believe this message can occur in case there are no program objects available. Could you try to generate the Code group of this particular control procedure?

Tried that, error remains. Only after I deploy up to code generation and at the ‘result’ tab there is actual code the ‘Generate definition’ will regenerate.  But if I change something..  the result is emptied and I get the error. 

So only after deployment up to code generation.. the result gets filled and the error goes away. 

If I then change something in the procedure, the result is emptied and I cannot generate it anymore here because of the error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

Luckily this will not occur in 2023.2 as we have replaced this component entirely. Friday morning I'll take a little look to see if I can find the exact problem.

In the Debug you can find a couple of procedures that get executed once you press the Generate definition button. One of these procedure that is responsible for selecting the program objects is not returning anything to the GUI. Something with parmtr_values I believe, but I'll be able to look in the coming morning (CET).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

Does this happen with every control procedure or just a specific one? I don't seem to be able to replicate it. 

Can you give the information of the control procedure and the corresponding program object? Or share a model.dat with me via email. That way I can simply import it and check 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Freddy , Has it been resolved?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Since we did not receive an answer anymore, we will close this topic