Solved

Get domain definitions from opendata API

• 12 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello

I have a customer that uses the openapi/odata functionality to update reporting tools (powerBI)
I however have certain fields in my tabels which are domains with elements. Is there any way to find these values from the openapi/odata calls?

icon

Best answer by Freddy 12 October 2023, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello

I have a customer that uses the openapi/odata functionality to update reporting tools (powerBI)
I however have certain fields in my tabels which are domains with elements. Is there any way to find these values from the openapi/odata calls?

No easy way, but you can get it through the IAM api's. 

First get gui ID vai /indicium/iam/iam/i_ui_gui_appl/ (filter on gui_appl_alias)

and then via /indicium/iam/iam/i_ui_elemnt (filter on gui_appl_id and dom_id) ..  you get the db_value what you get now and the elemnt_id_transl (what you want). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Anne Vries we encountered the exact same issue and plan on adding a View on IAM in our own application that retrieves the Domain Element names and Translations. That hopefully simplifies it a bit for our BI team and is a bit less complicated than the suggestion by @Freddy, since we include the correct application filtering already in the View.