Solved

Exporting userrights-data in IAM

• 26 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I have a question about the possibility to export a list of the IAM rights of users (gebruikersrechten). Our customer wants to have a clear list of the rigths of their users, but is there a possibility to export this from the IAM? I saw that there was a possibility on the SF, but our customer is not going to get access to the SF from us.

Kind regards, Loes

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 28 September 2022, 08:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Loes, 

We do have the Effective user rights screen where you can see all the rights a User has inside an application. This does contain a lot of information: 

IAM > Authorization > Users > Effective user rights

Does that suffice? If not, what kind of functionality would you wish to have? 

Hello Mark, 

This is indeed what I was looking for, however, is there a possibility to export this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It seems that we disabled the regular Export options for these screens. I'm not entirely sure why but I can ask my colleagues tomorrow.

Is it an option to allow the Rights reviewer access to IAM so the person can view it inside IAM?

Thanks for asking! 

The person has access to IAM, but wants to have it exported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for asking! 

The person has access to IAM, but wants to have it exported. 

Well… I'll ask my colleagues tomorrow about this 😅 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

I was not able to respond to this topic yesterday but I received a similar question from our accountants last week. We need to provide an export of all users who currently have access to the application with associated permissions. 

The Auditing > Access analysis overview seemed most appropriate for this purpose. However, here I also ran into the fact that the export functionality is disabled. 

Granting an external audit party access to the IAM does not seem desirable to me. So I would like to see the export functionality usable here as well.  

No Export available

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Loes Vaessen and @Dennis van Leeuwen,

We have made sure that from 2023.1 you are able to Export in all these Effective rights screens. 

Export is there!😄

For now, I can only recommend to either select all records and copy them into the tool of your choice, such as Excel. Or, you can use the select query from the Debug screen and run that on your IAM database using a query execution tool such as SQL Server Management Studio. Then copying all returned rows including Headers and placing them in Excel.

Hello Mark and Dennis, 

Thanks for your knowledge and immediately making changes!

We’ll use one of your workarounds for now. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

👏🏽 Great that it will be possible in the 2023.1 

👎🏽 The first workaround you suggest is also not possible since the copy is also disabled 

👍🏽 Using the select query from the Debug screen and run that on the IAM database using SSMS is working fine for me. 

Thanks!