Solved

explanations of conditional layouts missing in the SoftwareFactory help

• 29 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have a Program object in Functionality > Assigning that is marked with a red italic font.
What does that tell me, and more importantly “how to fix it”?

Would be nice if the help was a bit more helpfull 😇

I did figure out that it helps to completely remove the assigned templates from this program object and re-assign them.
But I havn't got a clue why I need to do that ;)

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 29 June 2023, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, 

We can definitely work on the clarity of conditional layouts, agreed. Luckily, the documentation comes to the rescue. 

Functionality | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Disabled concepts are displayed in italics. No code is generated for disabled logic concepts and they are not used in the end product.

When a template is assigned to a disabled item, it will be automatically enabled. However, if the logic concept is subsequently manually disabled, the assignment will remain. This is when the assignment becomes red and cursive. A template is assigned to a disabled logic concept.

You can use the checkbox on the top of the list to quickly enable/disable a logic concept for an object.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, 

We can definitely work on the clarity of conditional layouts, agreed. Luckily, the documentation comes to the rescue. 

Functionality | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Disabled concepts are displayed in italics. No code is generated for disabled logic concepts and they are not used in the end product.

When a template is assigned to a disabled item, it will be automatically enabled. However, if the logic concept is subsequently manually disabled, the assignment will remain. This is when the assignment becomes red and cursive. A template is assigned to a disabled logic concept.

You can use the checkbox on the top of the list to quickly enable/disable a logic concept for an object.

thanks!!
Remains, why this worked yesterday and didn't anymore this morning :p
But I'm glad it works now!!