Solved

Expected Release | Service Pack 21 and up compatible with the Thinkwise user interfaces

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
When can we expected the release where Service Pack 22 is compatible with the Thinkwise user interface?

In the Knowledge Base Thinkwise describes the following:

To use Crystal Reports in the Windows GUI, Web GUI or Indicium application tier, the Crystal Reports drivers must be installed on the client or web server. This concerns Crystal Reports Runtime 13 with service pack 20 for the right OS. With both, the support for the ASP.NET Web components must be installed.

Service Pack 21 and up are currently incompatible with the Thinkwise user interfaces.

A Windows 10 update forced us to upgrade our financial system (Exact). The upgraded version of our financial system uses CR16 Runtime servicepack 22. This feels like a challenge because it seems that our financial system uses the same dll as our Thinkwise application for generating reports.

When I execute the SAP Crystal Reports Runtime 13.0.20 (64 Bit) as advised by Thinkwise our financial system doesn't work properly.

When I execute the upgrade of our financial system, it automatically installs CR16 Runtime SP22 who is incompatible with Thinkwise.
icon

Best answer by Jasper 11 September 2019, 09:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dennis,

The problem here is that Crystal Reports has made it very difficult and cumbersome to create an application that is compatible with both versions 20- and 21+.

Please submit an issue for this in TCP, and we'll investigate the possibilities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Please see this news item for the planned update to the Thinkwise Platform components regarding Service Pack 21+.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Please see this news item for the planned update to the Thinkwise Platform components regarding Service Pack 21+.
I read the article with enthusiasm, thanks for the feedback/solution. I look forward to the release date around November 18th, 2019.