Solved

Error using Write to disk feature

• 19 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I have upgraded a project to SF2019.1. I am trying to synchronize to IAM on a different server. Since I do not have a direct connection I am trying to write the synchronization files to disk.

Unfortunately I run into an error in the i_sync_project Program object:

[Unknown action(Unknown action failed because the specified path is invalid)]

I am not sure but I think it may have to do something with one of the warnings in the validation: 'Background picture path is outside the project folder'. This warning is referring to a path specified in the Thinkwise_default theme.: S:\Software_Fabriek\Applicaties\SQLSERVER_SF...

I am unable to change the specified path and deleting the theme does not work...it pops up again after generating the definitions.
icon

Best answer by Hugo Nienhuis 20 September 2019, 10:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Hugo,

I've been able to reproduce this message by attempting to synchronize to an unreachable location. Can you try to synchronize to a local disk file that does not require administrator rights?

The path referred to by this default theme is probably a red herring. These paths are not used during synchronization.

Please create a ticket for the odd message, this message should have been translated.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Hi Anne,

Thanks for the help. You were almost right, the problem was not an unreachable location but the lack of the proper extension. I wanted to create a file named test instead of test.sql. I guess I assumed it would be added automatically. It works fine now.