Skip to main content

Good Afternoon.

I have tried to decrypt a document binary data throw Decrypt connetor TW and a got this error:

status code = -4 - The encryption key could not be found in the key store.

The value passed to the Decrypt connector is a binary data value readed by “Read File” connector.

In the Read File connector I got no error.

My flow is in the picture bellow:

Thanks,

Vivian.

Hey Vivian,

That is quite strange, I would have expected the Encrypt and the Decrypt to either both work or both not work; not just one.

Is there any additional error log information present in the Indicium log regarding this issue? We might be able to read through the message and stack trace to pinpoint the exact issue. Could you share the error with trace information here? Thanks!

Hi Mark,

I got the error attached (errorDecrypt) and I wrote in a table the steps as bellow:

Thank’s a lot,

Vivian

Thanks! Could it be that you have two or more Indiciums running on the same IAM?

It may be that the Decryption keys are stored locally so that every Indicium has it's own decryption keys.

This brings a problem that one Indicium encrypts a value but another tries to decrypt it but is not able to as the keys are not shared between these Indiciums.

Hi Mark.

Thank you.

I’ll check with Freddy because I really don’t know about this configuration.

Do you know if there are some documentation about it? Just for my knowledge.

Have a nice week,

Vivian

Hi Vivian,

Right here Encryption | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com) 😄

You too, have a great week!

Thank’s :)

Thanks! Could it be that you have two or more Indiciums running on the same IAM?

It may be that the Decryption keys are stored locally so that every Indicium has it's own decryption keys.

This brings a problem that one Indicium encrypts a value but another tries to decrypt it but is not able to as the keys are not shared between these Indiciums.

Hi @Mark Jongeling , just one indicium. I spoke about this scenario with @Vincent Doppenberg , appears to be a bug or something undocumented that is missing.

cc @vivian 

Hello @vivian,

Can you share the data type of the encrypted_data process variable? I suspect that this might be a (n)varchar data type or perhaps a varbinary data type that’s too short. The data type should be varbinary(max).

If data type is correct, can you share the input and output mapping of the encrypt connector, write file connector and read file connector?

Hello Vincent.

Thank you for the answer.

I’ve created the encrypted_data as varbinary(max)

Encrypt input:

The file_finary is varbinary(max)

Encrypt output:

Write input/output:

Read input/output:

Thank’s.

Vivian

Sorry.

I forgot the Decrypt as well.

Hello @vivian,

The Encoding input parameters of the Write and Read file connector should be left empty and the Write preamble input parameter of the Write file connector should also be left empty or set to No.

I hope this helps.

Hi Vincent.

Thank’s and have a I nice week.

:)