Solved

duplicate icons

• 27 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I noticed I can add the same icon multiple times into the icons manager in the SF

How is this intended?
I can imagine that it is by design where multiple items that use the same icon all have a seperate icon in the icon manager to easily change the icon and reflect that change automagically.

OR

We want all used icons in the icon manager once and when we want to change the icon for a specific item we change it thru to a different icon id.

In the last situation I don't think duplicates should be allowed (filename or name )?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 27 January 2023, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alban,

We allow duplicate icons to exist to prevent errors when base models are merged with the work model. In the case you would have a base model containing icons, these icons would be merged into your work model. May you already have this icon present in your work model, the merging cannot detect that by looking at the icon name, but can only determine it by looking at the underlying identity value; which is only equal if the icon came from the base model and was not uploaded directly into the work model.

There's a validation in place to detect duplicate icons based on the icon name to notify developers about them. Does this help out? 😃

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Alban,

We allow duplicate icons to exist to prevent errors when base models are merged with the work model. In the case you would have a base model containing icons, these icons would be merged into your work model. May you already have this icon present in your work model, the merging cannot detect that by looking at the icon name, but can only determine it by looking at the underlying identity value; which is only equal if the icon came from the base model and was not uploaded directly into the work model.

There's a validation in place to detect duplicate icons based on the icon name to notify developers about them. Does this help out? 😃

Hi Mark,
Very clear answer