Solved

Downloads from TCP in error (Firewall issue)

• 26 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

when we try do download an installation package from the TCP of about 400MB in size, we can't download it at our office due to some firewall issue.
At home, downloading is no issue.

Other downloads don’t have this issue, and we can easily download files of several GB's.

As our technical IT partner has some issues finding the root-cause and solve it, the question if someone else experienced this issue and has a solution.
It should be somewhere in the firewall (ours is a Watchguard)

Thanks.

best regards,

Cyril

icon

Best answer by C. Lousberg 3 May 2022, 11:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ow...maybe good to mention. Out of the 400 MB the download stops around 350 MB everytime...that's the exact issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I have this problem as well, I ended up downloading stuff in separate parts to keep the download size to a minimum. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Barry do you maybe have an idea ? or things to check ?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Is this still an ongoing issue or has it been resolved?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Mark,

we recently upgraded our corporate internetline and I was now able to download even the largest file from the TCP without an issue. 

So my guess is that Watchguard probably has some timeout configured for the way the connection to the TCP download is setup. No idea what this issue could be, but we don’t have the issue anymore.

@Freddy is the issue still actual for you ? If not, maybe some change at Thinkwise was also done ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The problem persists. Mainly because I am probably a bit further away. The problem is that the download package is served once. Depending on network conditions a network error can occur and then the download source is not available anymore and there is no way to resume which leads to inability to complete the download.

I think 35% of my downloads go without problems, in the rest of the cases I have to try multiple times and make the download packages as small as possible.