Solved

Double click a grid row to show detail

• 25 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all,

in the web gui, is it possible to double click a grid row, and then show a form with details from a lookup?

I have a feel this can be done, but so far I do not get any results. 

Would be great to get a hint!

Thnx! 

Alex  

icon

Best answer by Blommetje 25 May 2021, 17:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alex,

The GUI does support Double clicking a Grid row then opening a Zoom screen of the subject. This way you could manipulate the screen type to show different components/details when the subject is opened that way. Could that be a good start?

Another way is using the Zoom in on detail process action to start a process flow. When then zoomed in on the detail screen, the Process flow will open a new document/screen with all the details you would like to see. This does need the Change filters process action too to filter the correct row(s). Instead of Double click, the starting action could also be a (dummy/Logic type = None) Task.

The double click is not aimed to open a different variant of the table, but only to open the Detail screen as Zoom screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thnx!

I think i got it, but i also assume that the double click on grid is only available from the .20 version

I’m running an older version and can’t activate the Extender. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This feature will be supported from GUI version 2020.2.20 and up.

That is one of the requirements for this feature. You can download and try it out if you desire.

My earlier reply was not talking about this feature actually but the feature can indeed be used for this. When normally double clicking a detail Grid, a Zoom screen opens of that detail. That Zoom screen can have a different screen type, like showing an extra detail screen showing the Lookup information you would liketo show in your application.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Wait what?! I have never used Double Click in my app before, because it hardly does anything. 

I just made two tables. Both with item_id. Made a reference. 

But double clicking does ZIP. 

Must this be activated in a settings somehow or something?

This can change a lot… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I mean the following behavior by the GUI, by double clicking on a row in a Grid, the detail opens as Zoom screen. This is standard behavior and can only be overruled by extended properties and the extender(s).

GUI → Doubleclick Grid row open Zoomed detail

To turn off this feature for your application/GUI, use the following extended property:

DisableZoomIn - Extended property