Solved

Display name of appication for branches in Windows GUI

• 23 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Is there a way to get a different “Display name” for a branch? In the example below I have 3 active branches and they all show the same name. The only way to differentiate between branches is have a look at the appication ID’s .

The name shown is always Title_1 from "model_maintenance”. I haven't found a way to have each branch (for instance a branchname or the database name used or a Jira feature number). When testing an application it is very confusing to know which branch is being tested.

I have found a similar question in the community, but that one is three years old and concerned the Universal GUI. I'm talking about the Windows GUI.

Version of the SF / IAM used: 2023.1

Display name application for branches | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

icon

Best answer by Renée Evertzen 23 January 2024, 16:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello,

You can change the name of your application in IAM by changing its translation. This can be found in the menu group Authorization > Applications > Tab page Translations. Providing each branch application with its own unique translation will ensure it also shows up as such in the list of applications (and thus branches) that can be selected.

Hopefully this helps!

Added: We do have a ticket about this when running on the SF meta source. With that meta souce, the "title 1” will be shown for each runtime configration that is active. Pre 2023.1, all project_id's where unique, also branches. This always resulted in a unique name for a runtime configuration. 2023.1 and after, we now use model_id and branch_id.

This issue is on our backlog and planned to be resolved for the 2024.2 release.