Skip to main content

Disabling pagination for a subject in the Universal GUI doesn’t seem to work.
I’ve followed the docs: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/subjects_settings#page-size

After setting the subjects page size to -1:

The pagination is still being shown:

Temporarily removing the default page size under Model settings also has no effect:

What am I doing wrong?

Hello, Pierius.

The documentation seems to be missing some details. To disable pagination, ensure that the "Max. no. of records" is set to 0 (or any value less), and that the "Page size" is also set to 0 or below. I hope this extra clarification is helpful. We'll update the documentation as soon as possible. 

Thank you, setting both to 0 did remove the pagination from the subject.

I only wonder why there is still a count statement being performed for this subject, now the pagination is turned off?

I only wonder why there is still a count statement being performed for this subject, now the pagination is turned off?

@Pierius Lycklama A Nijeholt This proved to be a bug, which is already on our backlog. No need for you to raise a new one at this point. See this topic: Prevent COUNT(*) calls from happening to increase performance? | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

The documentation seems to be missing some details. To disable pagination, ensure that the "Max. no. of records" is set to 0 (or any value less), and that the "Page size" is also set to 0 or below. I hope this extra clarification is helpful. We'll update the documentation as soon as possible. 

@Alexandra Egri I don't believe the Documentation needs an update here, instead the Universal GUI needs to fix this scenario too. Will update the existing TCP with this scenario as well.

@Pierius Lycklama A Nijeholt For more background info on the changes we intend to do related to your remarks, please check this post: Prevent COUNT(*) calls from happening to increase performance? | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)