Solved

Disable dark mode

• 17 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Is it possible to disable the dark mode theme in the Universal GUI?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 17 November 2020, 12:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

Do you mean completely disabling it so users can't turn it on? 

Otherwise users can switch off dark mode by going into their User Preferences in the right top corner and turning it off.

Let me know!:wink:

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

This switch should not be visible to end users:

And if that's removed, there's currently actually no need to have ‘user preferences’ at all. Maybe can that be disabled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That is currently not possible. Feel free to create a topic in the ideation section for this.

If I may ask, why would you like to disable this option for your end users?

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

If I may ask, why would you like to disable this option for your end users?

Because we need to maintain the theme / icons for it, but currently we don't really want to spend time on that. For us it's a nice to have, which could be introduced later to our end users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In the 2020.2 SF version there are only 10 settings available for Universal:

What you could do for now it ​​​​​is set the Light and Dark colors to the same colors, that should prevent that the user would see any difference. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

In the 2020.2 SF version there are only 10 settings available for Universal:

What you could do for now it ​​​​​is set the Light and Dark colors to the same colors, that should prevent that the user would see any difference. 

Thanks for the workaround. But please be aware our end users will still ask us: Why is there a dark mode toggle, nothing is happening. Bug! (They scream) As ISV it's sometimes more difficult to explain functions. If you develop for a limited set of users within 1 company it's easier to explain “It is what it currently is”, and they don't ask again. Our end users don't accept shady solutions. In this case we must consider implementing a proper dark theme.