DevExpress Resolution

• 19 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Apprentice
  • 8 replies

Hi All,

The Thinkwise Reporting Service generates an Image from the values in rpt_queue.

Is it possible for DevExpress reports to give a resolution (dpi) for example 300 dpi for Image (PNG) in the table rpt_queue.

In the DevExpress Report Designer if I do an export of IMAGE the default value for Resolution is 96 dpi but I want to send another dpi value when inserting into rpt_queue table.

DevExpress Report Designer Image Export

icon

Best answer by Tim Waalewijn 20 June 2023, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Tim.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to customize this through the procedures that the reporting service uses to retrieve queued reports from the database.

The reporting service is also considered to be in maintenance mode with regards to support so I also cannot say we’ll be adding support to do it this way.

The only alternative I can think of right now would be to change the default resolution inside the image export properties of the report itself. Which can be found at Report properties → Behavior → Export Options → Image Export Options.

Image Export Options → Resolution

The reporting service doesn’t modify any of these settings so they will be used as is. Do however note that changing Export Mode and Format might lead to funky behavior since the service kind of expects that you are exporting to a single file PNG when exporting to an image.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the response. I had already used the Export Options.