Solved

Developer menu in windows UI not visible

• 25 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi all, We’ve setup a new project and as far I can see all parameters are likely the same. However when starting the end application via the SF (we’re just started development) the developer menu is bar is not visible. I just copied the INI file of another application and only changed the DB name. Our new application does not show the developer menu.

The application where I copied the INI file from does show the developer menu?

The line executionmode = developer is in both INI’s 

Where else do we need to check something??

icon

Best answer by André Heijmeriks 31 August 2022, 15:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

Which platform version and Windows GUI version are you using? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Edwin, 

Perhaps you could try giving the end user in IAM the role "Developer mode"?  That way you could also handle Executionmode = Enduser in the .ini so that other users don't have the "Developer" tab visible. 

IAM | Users > Administrators > Developer mode

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Mark, we’re on SF 2021.2 and Windows GUI 2021.2.13. But still… it simply works for the other applications!!! argh

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

Could it be that you have specified the extended property inside the Runtime configuration extended properties with the value Enduser? As far as I can see we did not release any hotfix that could cause this Developer tab to not work as intended.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Nope… I will create a TCP issue….

Badge +2

I'm working on the same environment. The developer tab was available but invisible. When clicking on the white space next to 'Start' we could use the developer tab. After changing the ‘tile bar’ settings in the theme we got the tabs visible again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@André Heijmeriks , which settings did you change in order to see the tab again? We would love to know 😄

Badge +2

Old settings

New setting

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Tnx André