Solved

Deployment center could not retrieve product information for this database.

• 24 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When I'm trying to deploy our test environment with a deployment package in the Deployment Center, I get an error (see below). What could be the reason?  

icon

Best answer by Andre te Raa 24 April 2023, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andre,

Could it be that either the sf_product_info or sf_model_info table are missing from your end product database? At least one of these tables should be present in our end product database. This holds the deployment data that the deployer (and Software Factory) uses for upgrading.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Mark, 

That's what I expected, but it’s not in our database. What script is generating and updating this table? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Either the Create or the Upgrade script will create the missing table or insert a record into it. For a Create of the end product, it should not occur as the database is not there yet. For an Upgrade, the table should be present. You can try manually placing the table there with a record.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The Create and Upgrade script do not contain code to create or update the sf_model_info. A new database created with the SF, does contain a the sf_model_info. Is it only created with the DB script? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No, also the Upgrade code file should contain the sf_model_info table creation (2023.1)

Could you verify if the SQLSERVER_UG base model is connected to your work model? If so, the control procedure "upgrade_sf_model_info" (or similar) should also be present (disable Hide generated prefilter)

It's a bit difficult to say exactly what the problem is. Maybe it's better to create a TCP ticket for assistance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The base model SQLSERVER_UG is connected, but there is no procedure like upgrade_sf_model_info. Also code search does not find the table sf_model_info. 

I will create a ticket. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

In the end it was base model SQLSERVER_MODEL_INFO that was missing.